Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Day 1: Story -Three in One








This will be a real challenge for me.  I have a lot going on in the month of October 2018.  But also, this is a month for 31 day Write that I have looked forward to for the last year.   So here I go and we will see if I can develop this discipline which is really my purpose.



Day 1 - Word is Story  Free write for 5 minutes.

GO.

Three in One.  

We watched a movie when I was a child, Three Lives of Tomisena.  It was about a cat that would nearly die and then have another life with a different set of humans.  It is a great movie.  Maybe because I love cats.

My married  life has been like that; three lives in one story.  Seasons one might call it, but they were very long seasons.  

First we married in the big city of Houston and lived in apartments and worked in offices.  It was the typical big city life.  Work work work 5 days a week so you can leave the city and go fishing on the weekend.  We went fishing about 50 of the 52 weekends of the year.  

After about 7 or 8 years of marriage we moved to where we went fishing.  My husband became a commercial shrimper.  We bought a shrimp boat and life began with children and living on the bay.  It was quite an adventure.

After about 14 years of commercial shrimping the Lord called Greg to pastor.  We have pastored a church that started as a bible study in our home for about 24 years now and grandchildren have come and we are ready to embark on a fourth season when I retire from my full time job and he retires from the helm of the church.  

That's my story in a nut shell of 5 minutes.
 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had writing discipline! I've been blogging for nearly 15 years...and I've started and stopped more blogs than I can remember!

    I guess you must like fishing as well your husband, for you to go 50 out of 52 weeks of the year. My husband is about to retire...he's a little older than me, so I have a few years yet...but his retiring is going to be a bit of adjustment for both of us. I sure wish you well in your new season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This 31 daily write is a major effort for me, so I am really trying to use this as a time to develop a good habit of writing.

    ReplyDelete