Friday, September 7, 2018

FMF Rain

Five Minute Friday Challenge (my challenge is just to write every Friday)
Today's word is RAIN.
GO
On Friday and Sunday afternoon my husband and I drive to the beach or the bay to take bird pictures.  Greg is a wildlife photographer with a lens on his camera that causes me to call it the Baby.  Tonight he even said it is about the weight of a new born. 
There are some ponds on the back side of the beach where he especially likes to go. The ponds have been drying up.  The birds are having a hard time finding fresh water.  
The sand is getting so soft that you dare not travel if you don't have 4 wheel drive; I don't think I would even like to be in the drivers seat with the extra power and traction. 

The lack of rain has caused the drying up ponds and soft sand.  We have been praying for rain.

The birds and other wildlife are thirsty.
  
Lord, send the rain.

Even the grass in my yard has been stunted in growth.

Thunder!  Dark clouds came rolling in this week.  The Great Blue Herons and Black Necked Stilts have water in their pond.  More Birds will come.

STOP ... didn't get far in that 5 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. We too like to go exploring for birds. You did a good job describing the lack of rain and then abundance in just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can appreciate the impact of an extended absence of rain and thank God for the rain showers in your area and mine. Blessings. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete