Monday, August 27, 2012

People of Habit

People of Habit - What kind of habits have you?

God created us as people of habit. We tend to eat the same foods over a few weeks we park in the same area of the grocery store parking lot, sit in the same seat at church and many many more. Habits can be good or bad, it is good to have a habit of brushing you teeth every night and washing your face. Some habits are hard to break and it is the bad habits we want to change, smoking, cursing, or even eating wrong foods, like sugary sweets.  Breaking a bad habit, requires replacing it with a better or good one. We don't usually just stop something, We need to replace it.

Forming good habits are also difficult because one has to break the non-habit routine. People's personality has a part to play in that also. I am the happy-go-lucky one, ready for an adventure in a moments notice. I seldom naturally do things over and over the same. That would be boring, yet i see the importance of consistency.  I have to work at putting that in my daily life.

It is important to have disciplines in our lives. Some are hygiene; bathing, brushing your teeth and so on. Then there are housekeeping disciplines; putting dirty clothes in the basket, or specific spot, not all over the house wherever you stepped out of it,. Some of those can even be safety concerns, I have a thing about file drawers being closed because someone can get hurt by running into it.

Spiritual disciplines are so important to work into you daily habits. Praying all during the day is good but it does not satisfy the need for at least a few minutes of still devotional time. Our spiritual disciplines need to become as strong of a habit as brushing your teeth daily.

Morning by morning we should seek Him.  Establish habits that will make a difference in your life, spend time with the Lord God every day, He loves you and desires this time. 

Psalm 88:13
But to You I have cried out, O LORD, And in the morning my prayer comes before You.

 Psalm 5:3
My voice You shall hear in the
morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.

Psalm 55:17
Evening and
morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice.

Psalm 92:2
To declare Your lovingkindness in the
morning, And Your faithfulness every night,

No comments:

Post a Comment